Thursday, February 22, 2007

:blink: (cross-archive)

So going through various files for inspiration on how to describe myself to a college, I ran across this quote I had saved last May, when it helped greatly. Now it touches me deeper than I can explain.


The Journals of Jim Elliot
"Waiting on God" 1950

April 19, Evening, Isaiah 42.
Seeking a promise of God's acceptance of my trust in Him for guidance in the next one and a half months, I got this encouragement from Isaiah 42:16. I fulfil the qualifications for once, Lord. Most surely, I am blind.

April 20. I asked earnestly last night for some token on guidance to be shown me today concerning my going to Wycliffe. I got none. It is clear to me tonight that I can do quite well without guidance concerning Wycliffe. I see that God is going to give specific leading, not when I ask for it, but when I need it and not until.

No comments:

Post a Comment